You’ve changed your workouts and your training environments to stay active during lockdown and now it’s time to also refresh your workout playlist.
To help you craft the ideal playlist for your workout, Spotify has created Soundtrack Your Workout, an interactive destination that will generate new, fresh personalised playlists each time you take the tailored quiz.
Tailored to you
Simply answer a few simple questions, such as your type of exercises, workout length, who you’re working out with, your intensity level and workout mood, and you will receive a personalised playlist timed to almost any workout. If you crave both music and podcasts, users can also select a mix media playlist.
Celeb trainer showcase
To showcase ‘Soundtrack Your Workout’, Spotify partnered with celebrity trainer, Corey Calliet (you can find Calliet’s personalised playlist HERE).
“Music keeps me moving, and it keeps my tempo high where I need it to be,” said Calliet. “When making a playlist, I want to make sure that the exercise is going with the beat of the song. I never thought I would be able to get a customised playlist that fits my workout and my vibe in less time than it takes to grab my water and get out the door.”
Workout music trends
Spotify also shared how global users are listening to workout music and podcasts. The trends reveal that:
- The top song users currently train to is Roses Remix by SAINt JHN and Imanbek, which takes the top spot for both men and women globally.
- Mind Pump: Raw Fitness Truth was the top workout podcast globally.
- In the last month, 53% of those streaming are 18-29 year olds.
And South Africa mirrors these global trends. The top workout songs in South Africa over the past month include:
- “Roses Remix” by SAINt JHN and Imanbek
- “Blinding Lights” by The Weekend
- “Lose Control” by Becky Hill, Goodboys and MEDUZA
- “Piece of Your Heart” Alok Remix by Alok, Goodboys, MEDUZA
- “Some Say” Felix Jaehn Remix by Felix Jaehn, Nea
Another trend identified by Spotify pertains to fit moms, who continue to work out for self-care. A recent global survey conducted on moms, Spotify learned that:
- 47% of moms who participated prefer to work out when they have a moment to take care of themselves.
- 35% train as a means to pamper themselves
- 34% just want to dance.
Download the Spotify app via the Android or iOS app store or by heading to www.spotify.com.
Author: Pedro van Gaalen
When he’s not writing about sport or health and fitness, Pedro is probably out training for his next marathon or ultra-marathon. He’s worked as a fitness professional and as a marketing and comms expert. He now combines his passions in his role as managing editor at Fitness magazine.
Credit: Source link