Feeling nostalgic for the good ol’ days? Well, here’s a delightful traditional recipe for the perfect weekend breakfast treat.
They’re packed with whey protein for optimal recovery and healthier alternatives like gluten-free pancake mix and almond milk for an indulgent treat without all the guilt.
- 2 scoops Biogen Iso-Whey Premium Protein, chocolate flavour
- 2 tbsp gluten-free baking mix
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 banana, mashed
- 4 tbsp almond milk
- ½ cup raspberries for dressing
Biogen Iso-Whey Premium is a protein shake with a Tri Matrix blend of whey protein hydrolysate, isolate and concentrate, which delivers high levels of EAAs and BCAAs. The whey isolate and hydrolysate are easy to digest, which helps to produce a rapid increase in circulating amino acids to help spare muscle during intense exercise, and aid recovery.
- Combine all dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl, with a whisk.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg, banana and almond milk.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients while mixing with a rubber spatula until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Heat a large pan on the stove at a medium heat, and coat with non-stick cooking spray. Pour ¼-cup rounds of batter onto the pan, and cook for about 3 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with raspberries for an ultra delicious weekend breakfast treat.
Flax seeds contain alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), which has anti-inflammatory properties, along with lignans, which are phytoestrogens that may help assist hormonal regulation. The fibre in flax seeds promotes healthy bowel function.
Author: Pedro van Gaalen
When he’s not writing about sport or health and fitness, Pedro is probably out training for his next marathon or ultra-marathon. He’s worked as a fitness professional and as a marketing and comms expert. He now combines his passions in his role as managing editor at Fitness magazine.
Credit: Source link