Bland and boring were often the adjectives that sprung to mind when cauliflower was on the menu- that’s until Paleo and Banting diets changed the game.
Now there are so many ways to dress up cauliflower. Here’s a delicious recipe for you to try!
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- Coconut oil
- ⅓ cup natural peanut butter
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tbsp ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp honey
- Himalayan salt
- Handful parsley, chopped
- 1 chilli chopped
Spicy Peanut dip:
- Combine peanut butter, ginger, garlic, coconut milk, lemon juice, and honey in a bowl.
- Whisk until combined and smooth.
- Add salt to taste.
- Pre-heat oven to 175’C
- Chop cauliflower into two 2cm thick steaks.
- Heat coconut oil in a griddle pan on high heat.
- Fry the steaks until the outsides are brown.
- Remove from the pan, rub-on oil and salt, then bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Serve the steaks with the peanut dip, fresh parsley, and chopped chilli.
Did you know cauliflower is rich in nutrients and vitamins? It contains more vitamin C per 100g than oranges, in addition to beneficial amounts of vitamins B6, A, K.
Author: Logan Leigh Rix
Logan blends her passion and profession by working as a digital and social media marketer and content creator in the fitness, health and wellness industry. She’s also a former Face of Fitness finalist and Fitness Magazine featured athlete.
Credit: Source link